Monday, September 17, 2012

Long over due post...

As I have said in previous posts, I am extremely busy. 8th grade is a lot more hectic than 7th grade, and I have been cramming for time.
It's gotten better. My friend that insulted my mother is not sorry, and she doesn't believe she is wrong, but I'm ignoring it. I really do like her.
I feel much less alone right now, except for the fact I am stressed.

I went over to a friend's house last weekend to have dinner and watch a magic show. My whole family went, along with other families that are some of our closest friends. It was great fun. During the magic show, I got called up to be an assistant. Let me tell you something, I HATE standing in front of people I know in small enclosed spaces. But, I dislike even more when their are certain people in the audience that I cannot stand to be embarrassed in front of. How I manage to act on stage, I don't know.
The magician was very nice, and very talented. But, I knew he was going to (somehow) make me embarrassed. He was the kind of person that seemed like he did.

"What's your name?" he asked, grinning.
 "Julia," I answered back, smiling and blushing all at the same time. He got this light in his eyes that made me think... Oh dear. He's a Beatles fan. He's gonna start singing Julia by the Beatles.

And, he did.

And, it was quiet.

And, I was blushing and soooo embarrassed.

And, nobody knew the song except me and him.

*sigh* Yeah, I'm not fond of magicians.

But, he was very very talented in magic. He gave me 3 silver dollars to hold in my left hand.

I held out my right, thinking he had said right. But, he said left and everyone laughed at me.

So, once I got everything figured out, he held up a 4th coin and made it dissapear. Right before he said the "magic words", I felt movement in the palm of my hands. I freaked out (thinking he was really magic) and opened the palm of my hand, and FOUND ANOTHER COIN!

I was astounded, and speechless. So, when everyone clapped for me, and I went back to my seat, I was still speechless.

The one thing I don't like about magicians is that I can never figure it out. Magic isn't logical, and I always tend to like to figure out tricks.

I guess I'll never know...

1 comment: